During 2012 National Arts in Education Week, chattarts.com will begin uploading submitted profiles for the Unexpected Door Project, which aims to foster ongoing conversations with key players from Chattanooga’s arts and education community that begin by asking how the arts have opened an unexpected door. We all have stories to share about the impact the arts have played in our lives, but sometimes they get lost in the daily grind. Through Chattarts.com, the Unexpected Door project provides an opportunity to convene like-minded individuals who are passionate about arts education and want a different way to connect and brainstorm ideas. During the 2013 National Arts in Education Week celebration, chattarts.com will host a convening that recognizes and honors all participants in the Unexpected Door project.
The Unexpected Door Profile Guidelines
In an email with your name and “unexpected door” in the subject line, please attach and submit:
1) In ten words or less, what is your bio?
2) In 100 words or less, how have the arts opened an unexpected door for you?
3) Where can we learn more about your work?
4) In a separate file, attach a high quality jpeg image that represents your work. Please do not embed images in a text file.
5) Please include a brief statement that grants permission for ChattArts.com to use submitted content on the website and you affirm that all submitted items do not infringe upon copyright and/or fair use laws and regulations.
Please send responses and questions to Laurie Melnik, SCEA Director of Theatre Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Profiles will be accepted through August 30th, 2013.